Friday, March 2, 2012

Today is the last day you'll ever be....

On the eve of your birthday, you can always expect a call around 7pm (that's Carla's bed time). When you pick up the phone and say "hello" you are sure to hear a sweet voice saying;
"Tonight is the last night you will be X years old."
Yes, its Carla, just calling to remind you how precious life is and celebrate, with you, the last night of being that age in your life. That call always reminds me that every moment should be cherished and that I should stop, turn around, look back on my life and honor my growth. That call always makes me feel so loved, its bringing tears to my eye just writing about it.
Carla is one of the most amazing women I know. I've learned a lot from her and obviously, so has my husband :) She birthed and raised my Husband to be a very kind, gentle, good strong man. She has taught me about grace and supported/pushed me in focusing on accomplishing my dreams (as she has all her kids). She is an amazing grandparent even though our children love to make 6:30am secret phone calls. She gives them all the love in the world.
Her birthday was January 20th, and our family all gathered together to honor her... and PARTY!!
To celebrate her life/birthday, I wanted to have a beautiful portrait of her for my grandchildren and the fallowing generations to have. One that I felt embodied her beauty, grace, kindness and strength.
This is the one I chose:
Who better to take it than my best friend, Anna Harris. Anna came over the night of Carla's party and got some great pictures:) Here are some fun pictures of the rest of the night!


 Mom, Daughter and a Baby
 Mom and Daughters
 Best Aunty and Beloved Niece
 Mother and Aunty

Carla and her Little Ladies

 Travis serenading us.
 Our Family



TTFN: Ta ta for now!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home